[GiNaC-list] modify source, run make, then ...

Chris Bouchard cbouchrd at uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 11 12:56:57 CEST 2008

Hi,

>> If I modify a .cpp source file (say to change a thrown
>> error message to pinpoint the location in the code where
>> the error is being generated) and then run 'make' within >> the subdirectory containing the .cpp source file to
>> generate an updated .o file, do I have to do anything
>> else to incorporate my modified error message?
> Could you please be more specific? What is exactly
> that .cpp file? Is it a part of your program, or GiNaC (or > any other shared library)?

The file, r.cpp, is part of another shared library, xloops.

>> I think not
> It depends. (Sorry, I need to know more details to give a
> useful answer).

By modifying r.cpp, running 'make' and then running 'make install' the changes made to r.cpp were incorporated (the error message thrown was the modified message).  After stumbling upon the solution it appears my original question should have been posted to a beginner's gcc msg board and not GiNaC.  Sorry for the clutter.

Sincerely,
Chris Bouchard