[GiNaC-list] Exterior algebra tools?

Abraham D. Smith adsmith at ams.org
Wed May 23 19:38:10 CEST 2007

After finding Maple inflexible and temperamental, I am interested in
using GiNaC for some computations in exterior differential systems.

I've read through the documentation fairly carefully, but I haven't seen
any routines for working with exterior differential forms so far.

Has anyone written a library to deal with alternating forms, including
things like wedge-products, exterior differentiation, Lie derivatives
(via Cartan's formula), and left-hook (inner product with vectors)?

Thanks,
Abe Smith
(Duke University)