[GiNaC-list] Problem compiling CLN on Darwin.

Chris Dams Chris.Dams at mi.infn.it
Thu Oct 6 14:54:12 CEST 2005

Dear all,

I tried to compile CLN on Darwin. To be precise, uname -a says

Darwin macfarland.local 7.9.0 Darwin Kernel Version 7.9.0: Wed Mar 30
20:11:17 PST 2005; root:xnu/xnu-517.12.7.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC  Power
Macintosh powerpc

When running make check, the following error is produced

cd tests; make check
./exam
dyld: /Users/dams/download/cln-1.1.9/tests/.libs/exam Undefined symbols:
___gxx_personality_v0
__ZNSt8ios_base4InitC1Ev
__ZNSt8ios_base4InitD1Ev
__ZSt9terminatev
__ZSt4cerr
__ZStlsISt11char_traitsIcEERSt13basic_ostreamIcT_ES5_PKc
__ZNSo3putEc

Apparently the dynamic library loader cannot find some symbols of the
standard C++ library. However, that is very strange, as having the linker
printing diagnostics reveals that the static library
/usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3/libstdc++.a is used.

Does anyone know more about this platform, and how I can solve this
problem?

Best wishes,
Chris