CLN + GiNaC on MinGW

Jonathan Brandmeyer jbrandmeyer at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 1 01:55:28 CET 2003

I am attempting to build CLN (and later, GiNaC) on my Windows XP machine
with Mingw.  I am using g++ 3.2.3 and the latest binary utilities.

I have a build of GMP 4.2.1 for use as a backend for CLN (installed
under c:\msys\1.0\local\).

CLN was configured with CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
LIBS=/usr/local/lib/libgmp-3.dll CXXFLAGS="-O2 -finline-functions
-fomit-frame-pointer -march=i686 -finline-limit=1000" ./configure
--with-gmp.

The build progressed and after a couple hours the link failed for the
shared library.  It looks a lot like what was described on ginac-devel
when a fellow had problems on Alpha (thread begins here:
http://www.ginac.de/lists/ginac-devel/msg00091.html), except that I am
using a relatively modern toolchain.

The linker errors are of the form:
cl_t_c2.lo(.text+0x4e):cl_t_c2.cc: undefined reference to
`_GLOBAL__I_cl_module__cl_prin_globals__firstglobalfun'

Any thoughts?
-Jonathan Brandmeyer

P.S.  I am using msys to drive the build, but I do not want to use
Cygwin.