Behavior of numeric::to_int() and numeric::to_long()

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Tue Oct 1 16:13:53 CEST 2002

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Roberto Bagnara wrote:
[...]
> And, by the way, the message above is hardcoded into CLN.
> Does this mean that CLN (and thus GiNaC) does not support
> 64 bits architectures?

Sure it does support 64 bit architectures.  I have personally used it on
Alpha and IA-64.

Note that type int is just 32 Bits on those architectures, anyways.  If
you are interested in more details, please consult the header file
cln/object.h where the line between fixnums and bignums is drawn.

Regards
<Richard.Kreckel at GiNaC.DE>