Extracting a numeric from an ex

Eduardo M Kalinowski ekalin at iname.com
Wed Dec 6 17:39:29 CET 2000

Continuing the previous message...

    I would find it extremely useful if it was possible to get a numeric
representing the ex's contents, _if_ that is possible, of course.
Specifically, it would a be a function like this:

class ex {
    numeric to_numeric() const;
}

Or any other significant name. Of course, there are times when a numeric
cannot represent an ex. In these cases, the most appropriate solution
seems to throw an exception, but other ways of allerting the user are
possible. Another function, returning a bool saying wheter the ex can be
converted into a numeric would also be nice.

Is the above possible?

--
The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I will
walk carefully.

Eduardo M Kalinowski     (ekalin at iname.com)
http://move.to/hpkb      http://cami-ufpr.hpg.com.br

-