[CLN-list] Building from git: autoreconf fails

Gereon Kremer gereon.kremer at cs.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Nov 18 14:13:00 CET 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to build the current version CLN from git and having problems
with autoreconf.
As far as I understand, building CLN should work like that:

"Checkout git to cln/"
cd cln/
autoreconf -iv
./configure && make

However, autoreconf tells me:

$ autoreconf -iv
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal -I m4
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf
configure.ac:64: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_SHARED
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:68: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_ENABLE_SHARED
configure.ac:71: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

I use the cln_1-3-4 tag on an ubuntu 16.10 with autoreconf 2.69.

Thank you very much,
Gereon

--
Gereon Kremer
Lehr- und Forschungsgebiet Theorie Hybrider Systeme