[CLN-list] cl_inhibit_floating_point_underflow

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Sun Oct 2 22:06:55 CEST 2011

Hi!

On 10/02/2011 06:22 PM, Kåre Olaussen wrote:
> I cannot get this option to work. I set is globally as follows
>
>> using namespace std;
>> using namespace cln;
>>
>> bool cl_inhibit_floating_point_underflow = true;
>
> But the program still aborts with the following error message:
>
>> terminate called after throwing an instance of
>> 'cln::floating_point_underflow_exception'
>> what(): floating point underflow.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

As Michael Miller noted already, re-declaring this global variable won't
work. Apart from that: Did you #include <cln/float.h>? Where is that
assignment (as you write it it could be outside a function body)?

Generally, when reporting bugs, you should attach code that enables your
audience to reproduce the bug.

Bye!