[CLN-list] compiler errors with intel c++

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Tue Aug 23 23:12:51 CEST 2011

Hi!

On 08/23/2011 12:35 PM, Tamas Istvan wrote:
> It's works fine with the -fno-builtin-cos_sin option.

Aha! Well you've not only found a hidden "feature", but also the secret
switch to turn it off. At least, I am unable to find any reference
whatsoever to that builtin or to that particular switch.

I bet this is a trick to cheat in benchmarks. Surely, some common
benchmark contains numeric code with a cos_sin function and they replace
it with their highly tuned version. (They must be targeting at some
external code: If it would be for internal use only they would've
prefixed it with underscores.)

But with CLN, this clever plot turns into a serious bug.

On 2011.08.22. 17:30, Tamas Istvan wrote:
> (Anyway, the Intel Compiler Studio is free for Linux.)

Not quite: it's gratis.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gratis_versus_libre>

Best wishes, and thanks a lot for this hilarious finding!