[CLN-list] CLN and Microsoft Compiler

Christian Stussak stussak at informatik.uni-halle.de
Wed Sep 30 20:32:57 CEST 2009

Hi,

I would like to use CLN (and later Ginac) together with the Compiler
Tools provided by Microsoft. I am working on a project, which is fixed
to the Microsoft compiler for the Windows build. So I tried to build CLN
with the help of cccl (see
http://folti.blogs.balabit.com/2009/08/compiling-autoconfmake-using-sources.html),
which works great for most of the source. I had some problems with the
small files, that are written in assembler, but I managed to compile
them seperatly to create the .obj files needed for the shared library.

After having compiled all files with the Microsoft compiler under
cygwin, the link process fails with lots of undefined refs to core
functions of cln. Most of them are located in the header files cl_low.h
and cl_DS.h. But I cannot figure out, why the DLL build fails. Is anyone
interested in the subject? I think, it would be a great thing to finally
get CLN to work under Visual Studio. And I almost got it ...

Please help me to get through it.

Regards
Christian

--
Dipl.-Inform. Christian Stussak
Martin-Luther-Universitaet Halle-Wittenberg

Phone   +49 0345 55 24744
Email   stussak at informatik.uni-halle.de
Web     http://www.informatik.uni-halle.de/~stussak