[CLN-list] growth of libcln.a (was Re: cln/ginac port to windows)

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Wed Aug 26 23:19:41 CEST 2009

Hi!

Michael Miller wrote:
> Note that libcln.a has gone from 5MB to 131MB.  Is that to be expected?
>  (In both cases, I compiled cln using the generic ./configure, make,
> make check, make install.)

Commit 447a682441a04d2ec95f9f5d1be456d43c88a6ef by Alexei Sheplyakov
changed the default compiler optimization flags. Also, the sizes look
grossly distorted due to full debug information. Anyway, I've never seen
that code sizes are correlated with speed of execution, so I've given up
looking at them.