[CLN-list] modular polynomials

Jens Vollinga jensv at nikhef.nl
Fri Sep 26 17:38:32 CEST 2008

Hi,

using cl_UP_MI I get very strange effects that look like problems with
the memory management (the contents of one polynomial is suddenly
vanishing while operating on another for example).

So far, I figured out that having the leading coefficient set to zero
via set_coeff() causes trouble even if I call finalize(). The manual is
kind of sparse on that topic so I am not quite sure whether this is a
bug or a feature.

But even when I try to avoid that case, call finalize everywhere, and
only do assignments (hope they are safe ...), then polynomials aside
from the ones involved in the operations change.

I will investigate this case further but it would be helpful to know
whether the cl_UP_MI has problems/bugs?

Regards,
Jens