[CLN-list] future GCC 4.3 and modules.h

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Sun Jan 6 03:08:15 CET 2008

I wrote:
> So, CL_REQUIRE can't call the global ctors directly, because it doesn't
> know what the symbol name is. Only CL_PROVIDE and CL_PROVIDE_END do know
> that. But, it doesn't appear to be possible to introduce another layer
> of indirection in CL_PROVIDE like the attached patch tries to. It leads
> to an infinite loop in the global ctors. Right now, I've run out of ideas.

Well, it turns out that the infinite recursion was due to the braindead
way I implemented that other layer of indirection. A plain C function
should do the trick.

The attached patch seems to work over here using prerelease GCC
4.3.0-20071130. I would appreciate it if people give it a try and report
how it worx 4 them.

Cheers