[CLN-list] Build problems on Solaris 8

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Sat May 26 23:22:12 CEST 2007

Hi!

Robert W. Johnstone wrote:
> I've tried building CLN 1.1.13 on a machine using Solaris 8.  I'm
> having difficulty getting the library to pass all its tests.
>
> I've tried building CLN using gcc 4.1.1, with the following
> combinations of flags: "-O", "-O1", and "-O1 -fno-schedule-insns".

AFAIK, -fschedule-insns is not enabled with -O. And since -O is
equivalent to -O1, those options are all the same.

> The library fails many of the integer_floor_tests.  I've attached the
> log from running tests/exam.
>
> Additionally, I've tried compiling with gcc 3.4.0 with the flags "-O
> -fno-schedule_insns".  The library then fails sfloat_mul_tests 72
> through 75.
>
> I'm uncertain what would be causing the errors.

I've not used CLN on SPARC for a long time. But when I did, it was with
CLN 3.1.1 and it passed the testsuite. Could you, please, try that
compiler and tell us if it passes the testsuite? If it does, then we
know for sure that GCC is to blame.