[CLN-list] Overriding read_number_bad_syntax on OS X

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Fri May 18 01:41:19 CEST 2007

On May 17, 2007, at 3:52 PM, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:

> Ron, the patch should work for your input routines. How does it
> work for you?

Like a charm, except for one thing.  This code snippet:

class out_of_range {};
extern out_of_range range_exception;

now results in this error (referring to the second line):

error: 'out_of_range' does not name a type

This used to work, and if I rename out_of_range to Out_of_range then
it works again.  So it appears that you made some change to the
include file that makes this break, but I can't for the life of me
figure out what it might be since nothing even remotely resembling
the string "out_of_range" appears anywhere in cln/*.h.

C++ can be quite the infuriating programming language.

rg