[CLN-list] SGI Altix (SuSE/Itanium) problems

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Thu Oct 12 22:51:10 CEST 2006

Hi!

Ryurick Marius Hristev wrote:

>I am trying to compile cln on a SGI Altix machine, that is a SuSE 9.3
>(linux) on Itanium (64 CPUs).
>
>The cln 1.1.13 gives me the following error:
>
>exam.s:89: Error: file number 2 already allocated
>
>(strangely the file may difer, e.g. tests.s while the error remains the
>same)
>
>The cln 1.1.11 (from opensuse) gave me this error:
>
>Testing test_I_io...
>Illegal number syntax: "0"
>
>Any suggestions much appreciated.

Sorry, this doesn't make any sense to me. I don't know about Altix, but
CLN is regularly used on Itanium CPUs. Maybe you're running into a weird
compiler problem? Anyway: aren'dt there SuSE packages of CLN?

  -richy.

[0]
<http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=cln&ver=1.1.13-2&arch=ia64&stamp=1158792419&file=log&as=raw>