[CLN-list] Compilation Error - `cl_2D_div.lo' is not a valid libtool object

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Sat Apr 22 19:19:10 CEST 2006

Sonia Singhal wrote:

>I am using the latest version of CLN  ie cln-1.1.11
>
>while 'make'ing I get this error. Any help/inputs? I see that file is not
>compiled then why is it being linked ?
>
>/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link g++ -o libcln.la -rpath /usr/local/lib
>-version-info 4:1:0   -objectlist libcln.objectlist
>libtool: link: `cl_2D_div.lo' is not a valid libtool object
>make[1]: *** [libcln.la] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/soniasin/software/cln-1.1.11/src'
>make: *** [all] Error 2

That file isn't compiled, but still, libtool ought to know what to do
with it.  What's the contents of it?  Try removing it and invoke make
again.  If that doesn't help, remove the library, unpack again and start
from scratch.  If the problem persists, please contact us again.  How
did you call configure?

Luck