[CLN-list] CLN on OS X, linking problem

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Fri Mar 11 21:27:22 CET 2005

Finally got CLN to compile.  Whew!  But make check gives me this:

cd tests; make check
./exam
dyld: /Users/ron/devel/cln-1.1.9/tests/.libs/exam Undefined symbols:
___gxx_personality_v0
__ZNSt8ios_base4InitC1Ev
__ZNSt8ios_base4InitD1Ev
__ZSt9terminatev
__ZSt4cerr
__ZStlsISt11char_traitsIcEERSt13basic_ostreamIcT_ES5_PKc
__ZNSo3putEc
make[1]: *** [check] Trace/BPT trap
make: *** [check] Error 2

Googling indicates that this is a rather commonly encountered problem
having to do with the way that OS X partitions dynamic libraries into
namespaces, but I wasn't able to extract an actual solution from
anything I've found on this so far.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
rg