[CLN-list] make failed on .libs/exam

Ralf Wildenhues Ralf.Wildenhues at gmx.de
Fri Nov 5 13:54:03 CET 2004

* werner wrote on Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 06:27:23PM CET:

> installed cln on a pentium:
> no errors, make check passed, make install works.
> I couldn't use it to build GiNaC because I don't
> know how to tell GiNaC to find cln in my customized install
> dir, any hints?

Yes.  Read the documentation.
It'll be something like

$ ../path/to/ginac/configure CPPFLAGS=-I${prefix}/include \
  LDFLAGS=-L${prefix}/lib

where ${prefix} is whatever you pass to --prefix and you'll probably
have to do an

$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:}${prefix}/lib
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

before that.  (The weird LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting is so that you don't
end up with a solitary colon at the beginning of the path, making the
current directory eligible for library loading, and at the same time
prevent overwriting of a previous setting).

Can you build and use GiNaC then?  Note: I have never used GiNaC myself
and thus this is all a bit speculative.  Furthermore, you'll also have
to do the `-m32' and setarch thing for builing GiNaC as well (or better:
build it on the x86 right away, like you did with cln).

Regards,
Ralf