[CLN-list] Linking on Mac OS X

Darren Bane darren.bane at ul.ie
Tue Aug 17 21:42:04 CEST 2004

Hi there,

I'm trying to build CLN 1.1.8 on a G4/Mac OS X 10.3.5 system with the
XCode 1.5 tools (i.e. Apple's version of GCC 3.3 and the Mach linker).
By disabling shared libraries, I've got quite far with this, up to
linking the CLN test case, exam.  This gives unresolved externals
ending with _ctorend and _dtorend.

I've tracked it down to the fact that each object in the library has a
_XXX_[cd]torend symbol defined module-local (i.e. nm entry prefixed by
"s").  However, each module has an unresolved XXX_[cd]torend symbol (nm
entry prefixed by "U"), without the underscore prefix.

This is the CL_PROVIDE and CL_REQUIRE macros.  My include/cln/config.h
has ASM_UNDERSCORE defined.  I tried to read the macro definition, but
got lost.  Can anyone help?

I searched the archives for relevant information a few days ago and
didn't find any.  They seem to have disappeared in the meantime???

Thanks in advance.